This is a picture of Paula's fairy called Tansey Mae....
I didn't have the same kind of supplies that Paula McGee used but that's okay. I improvised and used what I had in my stash. I was positive I had some of those tiny bird nests but I couldn't find them. They'll turn up eventually.
I also didn't make the wings that she gave directions for as they involved a wood burning tool and an open flame but they are kinda interesting. To be honest I was a bit leery about using a flame to burn anything because I burnt my hand a couple of weeks ago...ouch:( Maybe one day.
Here is a picture of her finished fairy that she made along with us.....a radically different wing style from the original version. Kinda dark and mysterious :)
I designed my own wings instead and made them similiar to the ones in the original picture. I don't think Paula will mind.
I used some fabric that I had won in a giveaway in 2011 from Fabric Addictions.
|The green on the left and the mauve beside it are both iridescent.|
I'm not sure of it's composition but I wish I could find more. The colour changes depending on which way you hold it to the light...blue, green or gold.....perfect fairy wing material.
So here she is.....she looks like an Irish fairy to me...maybe I should call her Shamrock.
|She was very nervous about getting her picture taken.|
I really enjoyed making her.