Friday, June 27, 2014

There be fairies......

One thing I have never made is a fairy doll and considering how much I like fairies that's surprising. I've always been drawn to the world of miniatures and have a doll house and three store fronts...still not completed. Works in process. I've often toyed with making a fairy dwelling of some sort too. I've been saving bits and pieces over the years with just that in mind.

I even have Pinterest pages for fairies and fairy like dwellings....for future inspiration:) 

One of my favourite books is "Fairie-ality".  It's a beautiful book. Fabulous layout and photography. Real eye candy for lovers of Fae fashion:) Take a look in your local library and see if you can find a copy. You'll love it:)

So....when I saw that Paula McGee was having an online class through Dollstreet for an 8 inch poseable fairy called TansyMae there was no hesitation on my part.

Source

Source
I have tons of wee bits of fabric from crazy quilting.......:) That tie-dye velvet on top is a definite maybe if I can find some other trims to go with it.



Best of all.....because there's some hand sewing involved I can sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather. We have always called the bottom end of our garden "The Fae Woods" after a short story I wrote many years ago. It's very wild...trees and ferns and stuff. Definetly a place to sit and sew little fairies.

Take care:)


7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Can't wait to see what you come with. hugs Mrs A.

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Your "Fae Woods" sounds dreamy. Enjoy sitting outside and sewing up your little fairy doll. Can't wait to see your fae.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, after the Wonderful Witch, a Fabulous Faery will be fab! Have fun creating :-)
LLJ xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Fun for you! *Im not to in to fairies. I'm more the skellie type, but I admit to loving fairy houses and gardens. If there is such a thing as an evil fairy I would probably dote on it ~lol~

Jan Conwell said...

Looks like a fun project!

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Have fun stitching in your secret garden Mary Ann!

BumbleVee said...

My Mom and my aunt called a photo of them... The Fairies at the Bottom of the Garden.... so I always think there are fairies at the bottom of gardens...