Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cloth Doll Artistry Weather Witch Challenge....DONE!!!

I finally finished my doll and posted her on the CDA site. Now I can show you what I made. I started out with an idea that drastically changed as I went along. I still did Steampunk and she is a witch....LOL

We were to use a pattern so I used Lilian by Cindee Moyer. We also had to make some changes so I gave her a bosom. The costuming ideas are entirely my own.

Just so you know what Lilian looks like here's a picture of my version of her that I made while taking a class with Cindee.

 So here is my witch.......I call her Raynee Weathermaker and she is a rain witch.



On her back she carries a Steampunk rain machine that she can wear while she is astride her broomstick.
 
 It has a nozzle that is flower shaped and is made of a vintage wooden button. Her blouse and skirt are edged with one half of an old black zipper.
 She has a metal "bustier" that supports the machine on her back. It also has a ring to hang her wand.




She has lots of wild crazy red hair that has a life of it's own.



I really enjoyed making her and I hope you like her :)

11 comments:

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Oh My Goodness! She's AMAZIMG! I especially LOVE the zipper trim. All the detail is fabulous Mary Ann. The collar, the buttons, the metal bustier...everything. I like how you decorated the broom. What a whimsy delightful witch you made.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, how wonderful is your witch!! I want her so much :-). I love all the exquisite detail but the ring for the wand is my favourite. I cannot tell you how much I adore her...you are very clever!!
LLJ xx

Dolores said...

She is superb. Well done. I like the little details.

Romona said...

She's awesome Mary Ann. Good job and I bet you had fun trying to come up with the idea of the rain machine...Very clever, smart lady.. ;o)

Susan said...

Hi MAry Ann OH MY! she is truly amazing you are so talented X:)

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

LOVE her Mary Ann! What a wonderful weather witch, she is a beauty and the details are incredible!

mo said...

she is adorable!!!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is gorgeous MaryAnn!

Sheryl S. said...

An amazing piece of work. Really beautiful

Jo Ferguson said...

I think I hurt my chin when it dropped and hit my keyboard. I'm not kidding. This is an absolutely amazing character and I swear I can see her breathing under all that equipment. WOW!

Susan Elliott said...

I absolutely LOVE her!!!! I am here and getting caught up on your wonderful work. Love the zipper hem, the bustier and all the steampunk details. I would love to do a witch and never thought to adjust an existing pattern so thank you for that. Your hands are amazing too. Do you think if i take a cindy moyer class i will learn the face and hands technique?