Friday, May 16, 2014

Weather Witch Challenge.....

Cloth Doll Artistry is having a Weather Witch Challenge for this quarter - April to June.....


I don't know about you but to me  WEATHER + WITCH = STEAMPUNK. It's a given right?

The rules say to use any pattern so I have decided to use the pattern from Cindee Moyer's Lilian and Max. It has a really great torso and would suit a Gothic/Victorian gown. She also has neat boots:)



The second rule says that you have to make a change. It this case it definitely will be the costuming. I'm also going to change the head just a bit. Also, she needs boobs.

I've decided to make a rain or storm witch as I have a few accessory ideas already.

I'd like to give her a familiar too. Any ideas what a Steampunk Storm Witch would pal around with?

As she isn't free standing I've started by making her a wooden stand with a Steampunk theme.....


Take care:) 

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Sounds fun. How about a one eyed crow with a cane held in his beak.
Hugs Mrs a.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sounds like fun.
Our local TV station has an app for your phone called The Weather Bug...Perhaps your weather witch needs a weather bug?

Have a great weekend.

The Stitch Fiddler said...

This is going to be interesting and I'll be watching your doll take shape. Great idea to use your Lilian and Max pattern. Love your wood stand.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Sounds like this is going to be fun Mary Ann! Love the idea of using Cindee's 'Lilian' pattern (the boots are going to be perfect!) and the first thought that came to my mind when you asked about a companion for a storm witch was a flying monkey ala Wicked Witch of the West :O) Have fun!

Rhissanna said...

Oh, what a fabulous idea! And obviously it's a steampunk theme! As for a familiar, how about a droopy looking bird, like a crow, all bedraggled and bad tempered? Or a tin cat with rivets, and wheels under its paws?

I'm so looking forward to seeing this!

Nancy said...

Mary Ann, I've been looking at your blog for months now and love that you are so versatile in your doll making. You don't seem afraid to tackle anything! You have inspired me to keep going, to stop stopping and just keep sewing. Thank you :)

Jo Ferguson said...

I can already tell that she's going to be fabulous. As for a familiar, I went right to the mechanical owl, I saw in an old Sinbad movie. Birds are believed to be good predictors of weather, after all.

Romona said...

I love where you're going with this already. I especially love that your sense of humour is like mine, I would leave legs upside down like that too... ;o))