Monday, April 28, 2014

WIP.....Anya and Baba....week 4

I'm a bit behind in my lessons but that's okay. I'm slowly getting there:)

Here is my progress so far......



The coat is coming together. The collar is loose at the moment but will be tacked down once the baby is in place on her back. I'm not really happy with the way the lining is interacting with the coat though. The way it is cut means one is partially on the bias and the other is on the straight so they are fighting each other. We''ll see.

I did some rough embroidery using a running stitch along the bottom of the coat. I decided to leave the top back blank as the baby carrier goes there.

Crop circles.....LOL

Needs a good ironing me thinks.
The main thread isn't showing it's true colours here....so here is another picture. It matches very nicely with fabrics in her skirt.


Next I will be doing some beading on the coat and then add the cuffs at the end of the sleeves.

This week I'll finally get to the head, the face, the hair and her hat and then I should be caught up I think.

I'll be back soon. Take care :)

11 comments:

The Stitch Fiddler said...

It's absolutely stunning. I love your embroidery work...the crop circles.

Hindustanka said...

She is coming along beautiful! Every deyail of her coat is amazing! You are so talented !

Jan Conwell said...

Will you make a coat like that to fit me??? :~) Love seeing her progress.

Dolores said...

It's really lovely.

Mrs A. said...

A true work of art. The coat is going to look so perfect on her.
Hugs Mrs A.

Rhissanna said...

This coat is just fabulous! The photo of it spread out to show the needlework, it shows all the love and craft you've put into it. What a wonderful piece of clothing (you can't make one in a size 8 can you? *looks hopeful*)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Absolutely magnificent.

Romona said...

It's coming along beautifully Mary Anne. I hope the coat issue will sort itself out. Looking forward to the next steps....

Jo Ferguson said...

The "crop circles" are the perfect embellishment for the coat. She is stunning.

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Looking wonderful Mary Ann!

BumbleVee said...

Wow, you are going great guns.... a lot of work already completed here ...