Monday, March 3, 2014

Back on track........:)

So what happened to the Paulina class I started way back in November you say? I think my doll making muse went on vacation...LOL

Source:  Dollstreet Dreamers website


My other excuse is that it was a six week class done in three weeks for some unknown reason....too much at one time and too close to Christmas. Also, I truly had some misgivings about whether I wanted to invest time in making this doll. I fell out of love with her :(

I did sew the torso....in November. As you can see she has the classic wasp waist look of the era.


Today I put in the armature and stuffed the body. I'm now half way through lesson two. Next is the arms and legs.


I'm not sure if I going to dress her exactly as she is in the picture. I think I may have to do my own thing.

I'll be back.

Take care:)


9 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Glad you are getting back to it. Will look forward to seeing her finished

Jo Ferguson said...

Sometimes our muse, needs a break. I'm looking forward to seeing your results, whether you follow the class or do your own thing.

Jan Conwell said...

I love the torso shape...looks like the figures in the old ladies catalogs for corsets and such. :~)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Will look forward to seeing her progression and your creativity :)

Rachael Farmer said...

Solidarity! I've taken a break recently too - did me the WORLD of good! Glad your back with your awesome doll-making ...this post is a complete cliff-hanger....looking forward to reading the next 'episode' and seeing how you choose to dress your latest creation! Hugs from Shroo:)x

BumbleVee said...

ehh.... it happens.... plus other things intervene...or ...we lose or drive ..or motivation or whatever it was that got us started in the first place....but... hey...your'e back! She looks good. Good and naked! ahhahahhha.....

The Stitch Fiddler said...

I was wondering what happened to her. I'm glad you're working on her again. Those wasp waists are very small.

Rhissanna said...

I understand about the WIP put to one side, (that's why we have boxes full of heads and limbs) and it's hard to work on a doll we don't feel excited about. After all, doll-making is supposed to be a pleasure, not a chore. I'm glad you've gone back and I really want to see your take on the design. Her hourglass figure is gorgeous and I think you should show it off!

Romona said...

Hi Maryanne, Doesn't matter how long it takes. I finished my Marlene doll that sat staring at me for 3 years and all she needed was finishing touches. It happens, but good to see you back at it. She'll be lovely whatever you do with her.