Friday, September 20, 2013

Her comes the bride.........

Recently the Cloth Doll Artistry on Facebook had a bride challenge that I participated in....


Since it was open to anything and everything I decided to do something different...something I've never done.  I used to love going to B movies when I was a kid and that's where I got my inspiration.

I considered doing The Bride of Franstein.....

Source

Source
 ........but everyone has done that:(

My inspiration was my favorite scary movie when I was a kid....The Mummy......

Source
But then as I started making my bride she began to evolve into something else. I intended her to be The Mummy's Bride but she's more of a corpse ghoulie zombie thing rather than a mummy.

The Corpse Bride then.......:)



She's made from rejected doll parts which I think is quite appropriate considering.

You can click and then click again to enlarge the pictures.
She's a nice corpse but she really needs to get more sun :)


Take care.

6 comments:

Rhissanna said...

Oh lol! i think the idea of a doll made from the box of forgotten doll parts is utterly brilliant! Well done and she's a lovely corpse bride!

Starr White said...

I LOVE The Mummy! - the one with Christopher Lee as the mummy? We watch it every year around Halloween. And I agree that making a doll out of rejected parts is brilliant - especially if she's a corpse! I love her - the expression on her face is rather like "How did i end up dead on my wedding day???" and I love her gauzy dress. I think Mr. Mummy would be thrilled with her!

BumbleVee said...

I have some reject doll parts.... I'm thinking I should send you some .... hahahh...

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is a wonderful creative way to use up rejected parts

The Stitch Fiddler said...

She's quite cool looking. I think you did a good job making a Mummy Bride and using up rejected doll parts certainly worked.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your Corpse Bride is a beauty!