Thursday, July 4, 2013

WIP

I haven't posted for awhile...naughty me:)

I am working on an online class at the moment called Enkai Nou by Angela Jarecki and boy I've been such a slacker.

It's already week four and this is all I have to show.....

One mermaid body sans head, tail fins and arms........pretty fabric though. I'm still waffling about how to embellish her.


Cloth Doll Artistry has moved to Facebook and it seems to be working out much better than Yahoo........more interactive and I think we have more member participation than we did before which is a good thing.

I decided to join in one of the challenges in the Cloth Doll Studio.....it sounds like fun:) 

There is a prize....a Sharon Mitchell pattern......YES!!

and...this one in the Art Doll studio....the possibilities....I can't wait to see what members come up with:)


If you're interested in joining in the fun you can find us here.......


Cloth Doll Artistry   https://www.facebook.com/ClothDollArtistry
The Cloth Doll Studio   https://www.facebook.com/groups/clothdollstudio/
The Art Doll Studio   https://www.facebook.com/groups/artdollstudio/
The Prim, Folk and Vintage Studio   https://www.facebook.com/groups/pfvstudio/

Take care:)

8 comments:

Rhissanna said...

Oh, that mermaid looks lovely and summery! I love the way you embellish things, I can't wait to see how she turns out.

Thank you for the facebook links. I'm off to 'like' everything!

elle said...

She is gonna be very pretty. Luv the colours!

Meredith Lewis said...

I can't wait to see her finished..the fabric is gorgeous!

Hindustanka said...

agree with Rhissanna, the mermaid already looks beautiful. I like the fabrics for her tail, and it will look even prettier with sequins and beads.
Interesting links, I wish I was a doll maker :) May be some day.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like that fact that she's got a pink tail...an escape from the norm! Look at that dish of blingyness...yum!!
Hugs, LLJ xx

Enchanted Doll Maker said...

She is so beautiful so far, can't wait to see her finished. I haven't been following Cloth Doll Artistry lately and didn't realize that it moved to Facebook. I closed my Facebook account a couple of years ago, I guess I'll have to think about starting it up again. This mermaid is looking beautiful. Love the colors!

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Amazing start to a lovely Mermaid. The pinks are beautiful. Can't wait to see the end result.

Good luck on your Challenge Doll, I'm sure you'll do well.

Shashi Nayagam said...

I can see she is going to be a stunner. Love the the choice of fabric