Sunday, April 14, 2013

WIP - Princess and the Pea

The first lesson was constructing the bed frame and creating the base.

I made my base much smaller than the one in the design. The only reason I did that was to be able to display it in a particular place. The other base would have been way too big.

I covered the base in a greeny blue...teal?...velveteen which will go well with the  fabrics I have chosen. I have a temporary mattress on the frame at the moment just to give you an idea of how it looks.

The bed is about 17 inches tall!!!



I will be getting Lesson 2 on Tuesday.....we will be making all the mattresses for the bed. 

I have also been fooling around with a much smaller bed. This one is 1/12th scale....6 inches long and 5 inches wide.... and will fit into a standard doll house.  I've already discovered design flaws...oh well:)  I'll keep going and finish it but next time I'll do a few things differently


Take care:)

6 comments:

Judy McCarthy said...

I think this is going to be an exciting project.looking forward to following along with the doll!

Lorraine said...

Looks great so far! I always am deciding I will do something different the next time in my creations. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Mrs A. said...

Love the look of your bed already. Hugs Mrs A.

The Stitch Fiddler said...

I love what you've done with the bed posts and the finials. Looking good so far. I'll be sure to stop by to see your progress. I'm taking Cindee's "Elusive Butterfly" online class, just haven't had time to post it yet.

bethann

Catherine said...

That's going to be fun!
xo Catheirne

Rhissanna said...

Oh, this is lovely. That velvet is a gorgeous colour and I'm really impressed by your metalwork.