Tuesday, March 12, 2013

WIP.....

Well Lillian is getting there.

For those just joining I've posted about her here and here:) 

I have all her body parts made and stuffed. I still have work to do on her head and face but the big parts are done. I have pinned her together for the moment.

I'm not going to permanently attach her limbs until it comes to Lesson 4 where we set her up on her base. I don't want to have to take her apart and resew her if she's not positioned right the first time. Yeah I know....I never follow the instructions....oh well. 


She looks very alienish at the moment....a very skinny body but I think the long body frame will suit the coat and hat very well.

Next is her dress, coat and hat....and, Max:)

I'm joining up with The Needle & Thread Network today....go on over and visit and see what some of my fellow Canadians are creating.



7 comments:

elle said...

The 'big' parts are done! lol

Mrs A. said...

I can't believe how thin her fingers are and turned as well. Lilian is coming along just fine.
Hugs Mrs A.

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Nice work so far. Dolls do look odd when we start to sew them. It's quite interesting to see the changes as they develop into something amazing.

Dorien said...

It's a great doll! I made Street Fair, also a Cindee Moyer doll and I remember working on those tiny little fingers!! Because of the cheesecloth overlay on the face I thought it would be nice to make cheesecloth hands as well. It took me a lot of effort to create them! It definitely was the hardest part of the doll.

mysweetprairie @gmail.com said...

THanks for linking! I just adore your work. WOw - wish my legs were that long & lean. lol

I can't wait to see how she transforms. So... I haven't read a lot (forgive me, I'm a picture person). Do you sell these? Like... what if I need a magical art prairie fairie in my sewing room?

~Monika K.

Rhissanna said...

She's lovely! Is she standing alone?

Regina said...

My own fingers hurt just looking at your doll's hands. You have what we call "doigts de fée" - fairy hands.