Friday, March 8, 2013

New project.....


Well I've managed to finish all of my 1st quarter Cloth Doll Artistry challenges which included the Saturday Evening Post cover seen in the previous post, an altered CD book and an altered Altoid tin.

I branched out in all three challenges to materials that I'm not normally working with and while I enjoyed myself I realized that I prefer working with fabric:) I've also come to the conclusion that I'm paper and glue challenged....I get more glue on me than on the paper.

I'm about to start making a doll designed by Cindee Moyer....here is her site so you can see her work....art dolls by Cindee Moyer.

I'm taking her class to make Lillian and Max......

Source
The class started February 26th and of course I'm behind but never fear I will get caught up...eventually. I'll post some pictures as I go along.

As you can see this doll has an armature to enable her to stand...check out the boots. Her head and face are very different than anything I've done so far.  It looks simple...hopefully:)

Then of course there is Max. He will be a challenge I think...more paper and glue...sigh.

Take care:) 



8 comments:

elle said...

Very classy lady. Can't wait to see you take that dog for a walk! ;^)

Dolores said...

I'm looking forward to your rendition of Lillian and Max.

May said...

Looking forward to your creation... if it's anything like your art doll piece... it will be fabulous... Hugs May x x x

Judy McCarthy said...

What an exciting project.Looking forward to seeing your progress Mary Ann.

Bethann Scott said...

Wow,amazing you to take on this challenge! I'm sure your project will turn out wonderful as always.

bethann

Mrs A. said...

Have had a look at the online classes and was expecting her to be paper clay sdame as her other dolls. Astounded to see she is sculptured from fabric. Her limbs are so stick thin. How on earth are you going to be able to turn her out? Hugs Mrs A.

Starr White said...

Ah, she looks very chic! I look forward to seeing how you make her. And judging from the results of your latest challenges, it looks to me like you are proficient in every medium you try!

Isobel said...

Wow! That looks very challenging to me. I'm sure you'll do an amazing job. Can't wait to see the final product. :)