I have a good excuse for my procrastination...I had the flu.......cough...hack...choke.....sigh.
I ended up not using the head that belonged to the original pattern design because I really didn't like the look....after three attempts I gave up and did my own thing.
I had some small starfish buttons that I took the shanks off and used for decoration on her crown with some tiny crystals in the center of each one. The crown is made of painted muslin. I used really lovely paints...Lumiere by Jacquard...love them.
Her body is actually a very pale green marbled batik fabric. I really like using batik for doll bodies because it stuffs very well and it has a nice surface for drawing and colouring the face.
So there she is....Shakira...Queen of the Sea.....