Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday....

Remember that mermaid I was working on way back when....


I did a bit more work on her yesterday. I beaded a strip to make a belt that I attached to the waist of her tail and then I fussy cute the flowers from the lace, gathered them and attached them under the belt and added a few faux pearls.  I do have some fresh water pearls from the Philippines that were given to me by a friend a few years ago but the scale wasn't quite right.




Every time I look at her I think Shakira....no idea why?.....LOL

Today I'm going to do her face and then make some kind of head decoration. I did make up the one that came with the pattern but I'm not so sure I like it that much. I also have some fiber for her hair that I think might work so she should be finished soon:)

I'm joining up today with The Needle & Thread Network....come on over and visit.



Take care:)

15 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, it's stunning so far, Mary Ann. That waistline is exquisite!

Magpie Quilts said...

Pretty beading - just love watching your progress on this!

Dolores said...

She's looking good - even without a head. ;-)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Heavens!!!! Stunning

elle said...

I like what you do, Mary Ann. The waist is lovely. I'm just not sure about all that tail! LOL

Regina said...

That will be a lovely doll, but I shudder when I think of all the fiddly stuff it takes. Where do you get your patience from?

Soggibottom said...

That mermaid needs to be by the sea yer know :-) :-) xxx
Think she needs a beautiful face, nothing sad, just kind of salty and a West of England look... :-) xxx

pegsplace said...

Yep! I remember her. So painstakingly meticulous, but you get to dabble in many techniques while you make the doll. I love that blue!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Wow!!! Can't wait to see what you do with her face and hair.

Edwina Sutherland said...

I can see Shakira too! Nice tail!

rtquilter said...

Amazing, Mary Ann. Do you usually leave the head to the end? I always start with a head and it tells me who it wants to be. This grl is going to be stunning! Très Glam!

Sam said...

So intricate looking! I have loved this mermaid since your first post about her.

Rhissanna said...

Heh! Shakira!I can't imagine her with any other name. Wow, that close-up photo of the beadwork is just amazing. The fussy cut lace ruffles really do look like sea weed or frilly fish fins. She's lovely.

Maddy Maddocks said...

She is gorgeous so far!

Joyce van der Lely said...

love this...a headless maiden ;) I am your latest stalker btw xx