Saturday, December 1, 2012

Future WIP's......

First.....

I recently signed up for an online class with Sharon Mitchell at Fabric Addictions to learn her tricks and techniques for Needle Sculpting doll faces.

Sharon designs and makes some amazing dolls. I know that a few of my blog followers have taken courses from her and know what a talented lady she is....here is her blog so you can take a look and see what I mean.....

SFM Cloth Dolls With Attitude

The class was only AU$20 which after conversion to Canadian was about $21 give or take a few cents. The class is self paced which is a bonus and is held on Yahoo so there is lots of interaction and you can post pictures of your finished heads/faces.

Second....

Judi Ward has revamped her old dollmaking class from 1997-1998 and is offering it again at Doll Net. The class is $25 but when I registered yesterday there was a discount and the total price was $18.75.

Go here and take a look.........."Dollmaking For Everyone".

Judi Ward is and was a pioneer in the world of cloth dollmaking. Her class covers all types of dolls from the classic pancake doll right up to a very complex doll. The patterns for the dolls are included with the class material so to me this is a bargain:) Judi offers so many variations and so many possibilities. The class is paced to go at your own speed which is great so there is no pressure. In the end you get a certificate too:)

So that's what I'll be doing over the next little while.

I'm not getting any remuneration from Doll Net or Fabric Addictions for blogging about these classes. I just think they are great bargains and a tremendous opportunity to get good basic grounding in cloth doll making...IMHO:)

Take care.

7 comments:

Rhissanna said...

Thank you for both of these sites. They do seem to be a bargain. I wonder if these would make a good Christmas present? For me...

Dolores said...

Thanks for the info. I will be checking them out.

Dolores said...

Thanks for the info. I will be checking them out.

May said...

Fabulous... Thank you so much for sharing these two sites..Going over for a good read... Hugs May x x x

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Makes me want to sign up for an on-line class or two next year. Have fun.

Mrs A. said...

Just signed up for the Judi Ward class. Don't know when I will get the time to make any of the dolls but it is self pacing and you can access as and when you want. As you say a bargain just for the patterns. The techniques hints and tips are the main thing for me though. Thanks for highlighting these. p.s. Got the extra discount too so in GBP it only cost £11.70. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarah said...

Hi Mary Ann, thanks for visiting my blog and listing me on your's! So glad you did for now I have found you! What a great resource! Please visit MAIDA, Making Antique Inspired Dolls and Accessories. I think those folks over there would love to find you also! I will visit here often!