I'm still working on the mermaid doll from last Wednesday but I paused for awhile because I had a few other sewing projects I wanted to finish.
This is the doll so far........main bits done.
For some reason I just can't get my camera to take a picture showing the correct colour. The base fabric is blue and the lace is forest green and the combination is really a lovely greeny blue.
The tail balances quite nicely once you get the arms in position. I have pinned the arms temporarily here as there is beading embellishment to be done so I might take them off while I do that part.
This was a very quick and easy pattern. My only negative comment is that it is scarce on directions for putting the body together. The designer assumes I guess that you would be a fairly experienced sewer and doll maker to try this pattern. The instructions for the face though are very well detailed.
Confession time.....I did cheat a bit......I disliked that the tail was free moving. It meant that it changed position and kept moving forward towards the face. So I did what any crafter would do. I glued it. Not in the directions but what the heck! I made an executive decision.
Now I need to go to Micheal's and check out their bead selection as I don't have the right colours to match. A trip there is always a very dangerous thing for my wallet. Plus, they have recently put in a new store very close to me.....way too close. Like right down the street....sigh.