Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WIP - A Finished UFO

I blogged about a "Halloween In July" challenge for Cloth Doll Artistry over here.....

We were to use a free pattern of a pumpkin provided by R&K Creations  and be creative.

I started my project in June and now it's September and it's due on Thursday....I slight bit of procrastination on my part but I was stuck. It was supposed to be Primitive in style and as one blogger friend told me......"that just ain't your style":) Eeeeek!!!!

I had made the head in some orange Kona cotton and I made a tube shaped body with some ugly fabric that I painted olive green and there it rested in my work basket forlorn and lost.

I suddenly realized that I had committed to doing this so yesterday I got busy. Self imposed pressure:)

So, I created a little Halloween shelf-sitter...............




I used the smaller sized pumpkin pattern for her head and did a wee bit of soft sculpture. I added a gift ribbon ruffle, some orange buttons from my mum's stash. a few pumpkin type leaves, a little florist wire, a faux sunflower and a prim skirt.....I think she's done.

I'm not sure if I meet the criteria but I like her:) 


I'm joining up today with the Needle & Thread Network where you will find some very talented Canadians artists.

Right Click to Save Image

Take care:) 

23 comments:

elle said...

She is a fine representation of a bountiful harvest. Mary Ann, do you do your own thing, follow a favourite book or just do patterns? You must have a great variety to chose from but they are all very personable and unique!

Mrs A. said...

She is very cute and looks very knowing. Love her facial features. Hugs Mrs A.

Susan Being Snippy said...

well, I sure do like her! she would look so very interesting sitting on the railing looking down on the dining room in my house... She wouldn't even look dusty after a year or two cause of the 'blush' of green on her nose and chin! :/

The Stitch Fiddler said...

What a delightful little pumpkin girl...she's sweet!

sherry said...

delightful little creature is she

HollyM said...

Well I love her! I like the style; she seems primitive but not overly so. Very cute!

Ron Anger said...

She's wonderful!
nothing like a little self motivation to get things going again. :)

Hoopie said...

She is sweet. :)

May said...

Well I think this lovely little pumpkin girl is adorable.. Brilliant... Hugs May x

Penny said...

She's wonderful! Such a great 'celebration' for this time of the year.

Mrs.Pickles said...

oh that is so darn cute good job!

Kit Lang said...

She's's lovely (although, maybe you should share her on TGIFF - Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday rather then work-in-progress Wednesday! lol)

Great expression on her face. :)

Susan Elliott said...

well, I think he/she is just great. I'm trying to figure out how you sculpted his nose...you do such great faces...and I think the shading around his eyes is the bomb.

I have made it a personal rule of late not to participate in a contest unless it is something I would have done if there had been no contest. So many times, a contest will give me an idea for a future project but by the time I finish it, the contest is long over! Congrats to you for meeting the deadline...and in such a wonderful way!

M-R said...

She's great! I love those square eyes, Mary Ann. Very cool! Yes, please share her on TGIFF!

Sheila said...

I think she is delightful and should fit the criteria just fine :-)

Magpie Quilts said...

What a sweet pumpkin girl! I love her smile (and her orange buttons and checkered little skirt!)

Grandma Coco said...

I love her!

Romona said...

Good job Mary Ann. The pressures of deadlines aren't necessarily bad are they.. ;o)))

Rhissanna said...

Oh my gosh! Well done!

I was wondering what had happened to the pumpkin challenge. She's adorable (You do make lovely legs for your dolls) I love her contented expression and those perfect orange buttons.

Lottie said...

I have just come across your blog and I am loving it, so much eye candy. I will be back!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

You're so talented and creative Mary Ann! Your pumpkin doll looks absolutely fabulous!!!

moollin said...

How cute is that! I just love your Halloween cloth doll.
She's gorgeous!!

Kathleen Collins said...

I love little Miss Pumpkin! Halloween is my birthday so I am somewhat bias when it comes to pumpkins! Kathy