Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday......Bamboo Oracle Class

The Bamboo Oracle is coming along quite well....

The shoes are beaded in Colleen's lesson but I had these blingy bits that I won in March 2011 from Fabric Addictions that I thought I might consider instead of beads. The more I look at them maybe not.

I'm having problems deciding what colours to put with the fushia pink I have chosen for her pants and shirt.  I've tried oranges and other shades of pink and mauves which I keep wanting to use but they are boring. Maybe blue or green?

I also have to find something for hair and I need to make her hat and bag, AND.....I need to find one of the two magnifying glasses I have for her. I put them aside last year and now can I find them?....of course not:)

I have her armature and body completely done. She still needs a bit of work done but she's nearly finished.
 
I'm joining up with The Needle & Thread Network today.

Take care:)

12 comments:

elle said...

They look okay to me but then I'm distracted by her very cute ankles! giggle!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

LOL...laughing at Elle's comment. Too funny Elle!! you make the cutest dolls ever!

Patti Shanks said...

Love the shoes! I agree-her ankles are pretty darn cute!

Dorien said...

It surprised me to see that the doll is almost finished!
Your Oracle looks great so far.
The bling on her shoes look nice.
What did you use for the bamboo, is it cardboard? I think green goes very well with the pink of the pants.

rtquilter said...

VERY elegant footwear! Can we see the rest of her?

Saturday Sequins said...

Maybe a blue-green would go with fushia? I've always loved the combination.

I might be a little biased, but I like the sequin accents on the shoes. Beads would be fun, too -- and speaking of beads, have you heard about the beaded art doll contest?

http://www.landofodds.com/store/alldolledup.htm

I thought about entering, but I don't have the doll-making knowledge. My doll looked like a bowling pin. ;)

Colleen Babcock said...

Mary Ann you've done it again - another outstanding doll and I've only seen parts of it! The face that you've given us a glimpse of is just fabulous. I love the bling on the shoes too. You could even do bling and beads if you wanted to. Can't wait to see the finished doll.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the bling slippers - keep the bling, she chants!!! How about teal colour for the tunic - goes quite well with fuchsia pink....
Hugs, LLJ x

M-R said...

Those beads look great to me, Mary Ann. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this lovely lady!

Rhissanna said...

I love the curly toes on those shoes! That, and some serious bling.

Yes to green or blue!

bois-fleurie said...

Glad I found this blog of yours .Love the little shoes.Look forward to seeing more of her.

Regina said...

I have to agree that what we can see of her looks very nice. I vote for green with that fuchsia, or even black?
As for carefully putting away things and then never (or only after buying a replacement) finding them again; isn't that the way it is supposed to work? ;-)