Well I have been very busy catching up with my on line class that I am taking with Canadian doll artist Colleen Babcock.
I'm pretty well up to date with all of the lessons and I'm ready for Week 5 which will be Water Lily's flippers, her lily pad and her water lily headdress.
Here is a picture of what I have done so far......
I've pinned the wings on for now as I'm not sure which way I'm going to place them as yet. I took Colleen's advice and glued around the edges of the wings to prevent fraying. I used a Crayola product called Pip-squeaks. They are these cute little glitter glue dispensers that come in 16 colours. I used Jazzy Jade around the edge of the wings. They are really for scrap booking but the glue works fine on fairy wings too.
I'm also going to give her hair a bit of a tidy up as well.
I have really enjoyed making this doll. I had never done a full armature using 1/8th inch (3mm) aluminum wire before and it's been a revelation. Water Lily is a very sturdy little doll and I'm so pleased with how she has turned out so far.
Actually I'm amazed that I've got this far....LOL I think my family are amazed too:)
It's been a challenge and I have learned quite a lot about doll making. Colleen is a great teacher in person and on line. Visit Colleen at her blog The Magic Bean.
Next time I'll show you my finished Water Lily.
I'm joining up today with The Needle & Thread Network.....come on over and see the work of some very talented Canadians:)