Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Water Lily - Week 3

I'm a bit behind with the lessons but the class is basically a go at your own speed type of learning. I have managed to get the armature together and have managed to get it into the fabric body. It was relatively easy as I followed Colleen's pictures and instructions. I have also stuffed the body firmly around the armature and closed it all up.

I stuck the head on the body temporarily to see what it will look like:)




I have sewed all the body parts together except for the hands. I have decided to use the freezer paper method for the hands as I personally find it to be the easiest and neatest way to get nice hands.

I had issues with the toes. I think I did a horrible job so I'm going to redo the bottom legs and be a bit more careful how I sew the feet. 


A bit more stuffing and sewing and the body should be together before the end of the week and then the fun stuff begins....dressing the doll:)

I'm joining up today with The Needle & Thread Network........come on over and visit.

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

She is coming along very nicely. Hugs Mrs A.

Sheila said...

She is really coming along wonderfully , her face looks amazing.

HollyM said...

I find doll making amazing! She looks wonderful so far!

elle said...

What, no toothpicks! This is all very enlightening. She looks like she approves.

M-R said...

She's looking great, Mary Ann! Love her eyes!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

this just amazes me....the imagination you must have....very nice.

Cathy Tomm said...

First time to stop by. Water lily sounds fun.

felicity said...

I love how she's evolving! Thanks for sharing - happy WIP Wednesday!

Colleen Babcock said...

She's looking great so far Mary Ann. You've stuffed the body really beautifully which can be a challenge around the armature wire.

Susan Being Snippy said...

I am enjoying watchin your progress! Did some visiting of you 'categorized doll blogs, I could spend DAYS reading about dolls -- I think I will go make a rag doll...

Rhissanna said...

This looks like she's progressing very well. How did the second pair of feet turn out? Are they sew separately, rather than as part of the leg? I've never tried that.

Thank you for taking us on a step=by=step journey. It's always interesting to see how other people work.

Ron Anger said...

She's really looking good MaryAnn!
Waiting to see more. :)

Kit Lang said...

It's so neat to watch you in your process... wish I had time to learn - but I'll watch the masters instead! :)