Friday, April 13, 2012

Miranda Mufflewort......WIP

Miranda is a stump doll with a pancake style face.


Her features have been emphasized by stitching and stuffing. Her eyes have been inserted and then her eyelids and nose have been attached separately. Her clothes will be stitched to the body form.

Nice Hair:)

 I'm pretty fussy about how I finish my dolls. I always hem up the skirts by hand rather than by machine.


I even finish the side seams of the skirt to prevent fraying.

French seam
I use mostly fat quarters for my dolls so that I can have a larger variety of patterns and colours to choose from.....Miranda will be wearing a dress of a Moda fabric called Kansas Winter by Kansas Trouble Quilters.

I'll post a picture of her when she is finished.

p.s. Miranda is my own original design:) 

10 comments:

famfa said...

Miranda is lovely. Great hair and face x

Rhissanna said...

Oh, Mary Ann, she's gorgeous! And your hem stitches! So neat they look like embroidery! I'm with you on the side seams of skirts. I French-seam mine, mainly to fix issues with fraying cloth and cutting out with blunt scissors.

Jan Conwell said...

What a great face!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

She's like my doppelganger!! My hair is just like that in the morning :) Seriously though. she is so clever, I love all the detail in her face. And it doesn't surprise that you do all that neatening and hand finishing. That's my your stuff is awesome!
Hugs, LLJan x

Simon Purple said...

I never would have thought to sew on the nose. What a great idea.

Grandma Coco said...

There is such character in that face!! I'm amazed.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Thank you for your blog! This is awesome! I've been in the Cloth and Clay doll ning since 2008, when Jane began the group in the fall of that year. I haven't looked back since!
I just became a follower of your blog.
There is a wealth of information here!
hugs,
Teresa Swanson in California

BumbleVee said...

I love her hair.... it's exactly like mine...well, the colour anyway....wish it would stick out just like that....

Miranda said...

Thank you very much Mary Ann! I have really wanted to make a rag doll .. but I see it a bit difficult. I will try ... greetings and kisses from Spain!

Miranda said...

Thank you very much Mary Ann! I have really wanted to make a rag doll .. but I see it a bit difficult. I will try ... greetings and kisses from Spain!