Wednesday, February 15, 2012

WOYWW #141 ...........................and WIP #26

Hello:)

Well here is my desk this morning bright and early....

Isn't it loverly....nice and empty. I tidied it up a bit last night and put stuff I wasn't using away where it belongs. Now I can mess it up again...which won't take long:)

On the Steampunk Fox front......

Mr. Fox has feet now and pants. I did a really dumb thing though. I put his feet on and his shoes on before his pants....arrrgggghhhh!!!! I will say the air was a tad blue for a moment as I vented at my stupidity but after much struggle I did get his pants on...there was no way I was going to try and get his feet off as I had glued them on.......and then I realized I should have hemmed his pants first. Trials and tribulations.
Excuse the lint...it's from his stuffing:)
Then I played around with a new element that got a thumbs up here from my peanut gallery. So, maybe it will stay:)

I received my fabric postcard from my swap partner (re. Mr Robin) and it's so sweet. My swap partner also sent me a lovely letter, a map and two postcards showing where she lives. She isn't a blogger so it was hard for me to know what she would like but she did her homework on me...LOL The card is purple batik...purple is my favourite colour...and it has a little mouse on it...and everyone knows I like mice.....




I have a new challenge I'm going to start on after Mr. Fox....the theme is a Faberge Humpty Dumpty.....lots of bling happening I think. I'm not a bling type of girl so it may be a struggle for me.

So that's it from me for this Wednesday.

To see more workdesks go here at Stamping Ground and more WIP here at The Needle & Thread Network .......:)

Take care:)

30 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Mr Fox (Ferdinand, maybe??) is a very dapper chap. I love his neat little feet and the detail on his waistcoat is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing him revealed in all his glory :)
Hugs, LLJ #72 xx

Jaki Morris said...

What a lovely tidy desk and craft room, I'd love to come in there and sew with you. Maybe some chickens for Mr Fox to nibble on whilst you're finishing off his outfit!
Happy WOYWW
Jaki #84

Angelfish said...

Your fox is looking wonderful so far. I'm glad it's not just me who ploughs ahead and doesn't always do things in the most sensible order!
Fiona xx #103

Annie said...

Love the way Mr Fox is going :-)
Hugs,
A x

Regina said...

I admire your patience with small, fiddly stuff. When I make dolls the air is blue around me even when things go well....
I love your armchair pincushion. Did you make it? Can I buy a pattern? (Although I don't know why I ask for it since my cats keep my sewing table very nicely cleaned off at all times)

Susan Being Snippy said...

Hmmm, a mustashe on a fox? Unusual that is for sure, I am looking forward to seeing all of him -- and since someone suggested Ferdinand as a name, I must make a contrary suggestion, use the X or maybe in a Z for his first name, Xander? Zenobe? hmmmm?

Shashi Nayagam said...

I think he is going to look absolutely handsome. But you are a tease for not showing us the whole picture can't wait to see him finished.

elle said...

Very nice fox and very nice card. That mustache is the icing on the cake 'so to speak'! Don't fuss about lint, your work is wonderfully tidy.

May said...

Mr Fox is looking good, O my word I wish I could make something like that he is going to be Fabulous!!, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x x

Laura said...

Since I'm not a fabric girl, I enjoy seeing your fox project. It's a unique idea -- a steampunk fox!

~ Laura #118

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...sometimes we become so engrossed in what we're doing that we make silly mistakes we wouldn't do otherwise...my mum has a huge 5ft fox in a bright red hunter's jacket in the lounge...hope you get things sorted...Mel :)

Sheila said...

Mr.Fox sure does look sweet so far , can't wait to see the finished project!Nice postcard too.

Patti said...

My first visit to you and there was the wonderful Mr Fox to greet me! Absolutely wonderful work you do!

Grandma Coco said...

I like the moustache!

Sarpreet said...

love your storage, and great work, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing,# 52

Hazel said...

Mr Fox is a fab WIP - glad you got round the feet problem and managed to get his trousers on! (Hazel, WOYW #136) x

Lou said...

Lovely clean desk ready for more crafting now! Mr Fox is going to look amazing, i can imagine he will be very popular Have a great week Lou @#91

M-R said...

Well, it might have been a struggle, but the pants for Mr. Fox look great!

sandee said...

Sounds like something I would do! HA! But the moustache is awesome!! Love taking a peek at your workspace, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

scrappymo! said...

your desk is so tidy...Your fox looks fab so far...can't wait for the unveiling.
My sister was an Olympic 3 Day Event Ride and does up her Christmas tree with horses, saddles, foxes etc. She has a fox all dressed up in hunt garb (red jacket) as the tree topper!
I will make sure she views your finished fox!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see a full length photo of the Foxy guy! :)

Yogi said...

Much too neat BIG GRIN. Hurry up and make a mess. Thanks for the peek and commenting on my blog. I'm #170

Yogi said...

no, I couldn't use all my scraps by the end of March. I was only giving my self a deadline to work with. It would probably take me till I die to use up all my scraps...

CraftygasheadZo said...

I enjoy popping by to see how far you've got with your projects. Love that little sofa (I think it is) on your desk. Take care, thanks for sharing & hope you enjoy this week's WOYWW. Zo xx 86

BMDesign said...

I love the mouse-stache ... it is gorgeous - I cannot wait to see what you're going to present - it looks amazing!!!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

The fox is quite foxy! Love your little chair too!

Rhissanna said...

Oh, he looks so dapper!

A Faberge Humpty Dumpty, eh? What a wonderful idea!

famfa said...

Love foxy. He is very dapper! Your swap is gorgeous. What a lovely gift to receive.

I have changed the tabs at the top of mine now so hopefully Who's Who is now viewable. X

Annie said...

Thanks for dropping in on me...the link seems to be working ok now. Hugs,
A x

akilli melek said...

what a clean craft space you have. we used to holiday in berwick every year as a child.
caroline 175