Saturday, December 10, 2011

Steampunk Challenge...

I decided to make up the pattern I got from Frowning Francis called Steampunk Crow. This pattern is super easy to make. I have the body and wings made and have started on the legs. I'll put it together then gesso it ready for painting. Then the fun bit starts......embellishments:)


I was going to call him Edgar Allen Crowe but somebody I know has already used that name. My hubby suggested Russell Crowe.......maybe:)

This is the picture from the pattern cover.....

Source: Frowning Francis
I was also thinking of giving him a friend that rides on his back....maybe a small mouse


5 comments:

Rhissanna said...

oh OH! Wow! A Steampunk Crow! What a brilliant idea. You're going to have such fun fitting him up with gears and propellers. And yes, little companion would be perfect. I'm really going to enjoy watching him coming together.

Oh, *looks innocent* you can link up as many things as you want to Steam Tea Travels. I don't think anyone has anything quite like this. Not that I'm hinting, or anything...

Ellie said...

Hi Mary Ann, he is adorable! I didn't even realise you had another blog other than My Tate Galley until I was browsing it and found this site. Awesome blog, there is such wonderful resources and projects of yours here. Oh and congrats on winning the Prim Doll Cheers
Ellie

Wendy said...

Oooh He's fantastic! I think a mouse would be super cute with him.

Steam Tea Travels said...

Definitely saddle the little dude up so his mouse friends may ride him through the steampunk skies! Brilliant idea!
Rose
Thank You for joining in the fun!

peggy nyberg said...

Wow. you have grown and your work is FABULOUS!
Yep I still love it!