Thursday, December 15, 2011

New How-To Video from Patti Medaris Culea

One doll maker that I have learned a lot from is Patti Culea. She has just released a new video of her doll making techniques that I am so tempted to buy. Her books are awesome but seeing her doing her thing would definitely help because I'm one of those people that learns more by seeing a hands on demonstration than by reading a book.


I have never taken one of her classes but I understand that she is a wonderful teacher. So tempting:)

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Hello Mary Ann, thank you so much for sharing this video. I love Patti's work, I also have her books and they are amazing! I speak a little English and I learn a lot of techniques from her work. I wish I could buy her dvd because it is easier for me to see than to read!(as you also said)I love your blog.Regards from Tenerife, Mimi.

sandee said...

Fantastic video, I am so looking forward to learning a little bit about art dolls, and wondering how I can work something into my crafts from this!

Mary Ann said...

Hi Mimi

I love your dolls:) I think the video may be international as Patti does a lot of teaching in Europe and the UK. It's available at Dollmakers Journey but it is expensive:(

http://dollmakersjourney.com/culea.html

Hi Sandee:)

I bought some doll face stamps as I was wondering if I could make something too. One of my friends is a crazy quilter and she just made scissors keepers with faces. Kind of like babushkas.

Tracey Potter said...

This is a very interesting video, thanks for sharing!

Mary Ann said...

Hello Tracey:)

Thank you for visiting. I'm really trying to talk myself out of buying the video. LOL

What a lot of people don't realize is that Patti started her career as a painter and portrait artist. She studied in Los Angeles and Japan. She really did a lot to change how the cloth doll is perceived as an art form.